Olive oil is a popular cooking oil and the most important ingredient in many Mediterranean dishes. It can be used at any temperature, so it doesn’t have to be heated for use. It has a rich, toasty flavor that works well with seafood, pasta, and vegetables. Some people also claim that the best olive oil brands in India help lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
The quality of olive oil is dependent on four main characteristics: the variety of olives used, the place they were grown, the methods used to process them and store them after harvest, and the milling technique. This is not the only factor that contributes to high-quality olive oil, but it does play a significant role.
In pursuit of the best olive oil brands in India, we have ranked ten top producers from around the world. We have also detailed what makes each company unique and why they are worth our attention.
List Of Best Olive Oil Brands Available in India
There are many different types of olive oil on offer, which not only differ in terms of price and quality, but also in many other ways. To choose which product to buy, you need to understand the different characteristics and the use that will be made of the same. We have prepared this buying guide to help you choose the olive oil that suits your needs and tastes. Read on to know more about the best olive oil brands in India.
|Best Olive Oil Brand In India
|Starting Rs. 202
|Starting Rs. 475
|Starting Rs. 749
|Starting Rs. 711
|Starting Rs. 278
|Starting Rs. 439
|Starting Rs. 439
|Starting Rs. 232
|Starting Rs. 425
|Starting Rs. 375
Best Olive Oil Brands In India – Review
- Rafael Salgado
- Del Monte
Disano olive oil is a product of California and has been around for over forty years. The olive oil produced by Disano is one of the best, because it is made with extra virgin, cold-pressed olives. The oil has a high level of polyphenols, which are antioxidants that protect us from damage caused by free radicals.
Disano’s production process also guarantees that it is 100% natural and not diluted with other oils. One of the reasons this brand is so popular is because it is very sweet with a nutty flavor. The company has expanded to offer over 100 different types of olive oils infused with flavors like balsamic vinegar, Tuscan, roasted garlic, fig, and pistachio, and more.
Disano also has the highest quality standards in the world, which means you can be confident when you purchase this high-grade olive oil. They are also organic certified, which means that they are sustainable and environmentally conscious. Disano’s products contain no additives or preservatives, which ensures you get pure, natural flavors in every drop.
Borges is a company that has been producing olive oil for over one hundred years. The olive oil produced by this brand is cold pressed and unrefined, so it’s made from pure olives without any additives or chemicals. That means that it’s not only delicious and healthy, but also environmentally friendly. It has a fruity flavor with hints of pepper and nuts, which makes it perfect for salad dressings and sauces.
Borges Olive Oil is the perfect option for people who are committed to healthy eating. It’s made from premium certified olive oils sourced from Spain, Italy, Tunisia, Argentina, and California. The company uses sustainable agricultural practices so that its products can meet your dietary needs. Those who have used Borges olive oil claim that it has a delicious flavor with low acidity.
The brand is highly regarded across the world as producing some of the best olive oil. It is used by many renowned chefs and has won many awards. Borges olive oil has an excellent balance of omega-3s to omega-6s, making it incredibly healthy for your heart and your skin. The brand is committed to providing both high quality and affordable products that maintain their purity and taste.
When it comes to buying good-quality olive oil, few brands that stand out. One of them is Oleev olive oil. The company has been making premium-quality oils for over 30 years. Oleev olive oil is 100% pure and cold-pressed, using the “first cold press” technique. The company has been certified by Bureau Veritas, which ensures that Oleev provides customers with only the best quality products.
At Oléev, they know that without the best quality olives, there would be no great-tasting olive oils. That’s why, Oleev olive oil is made from olives grown in the Mediterranean region, which are handpicked and processed to ensure their quality. All Oleev oils are GMO free, have no artificial flavors, are low in sodium, and do not contain any cholesterol, additives, preservatives, or trans fatty acids.
Oleev produces three different ranges: pure, premium and natural. The company’s flagship product is Extra Virgin Oleev, which comes from the freshest and most natural of olives. It has won numerous awards for its excellence including 3 Gold Medals for Taste and Quality at the International Olive Oil Competition in Brussels, Belgium and the Chicago Tribune’s Best of Food Awards.
Leonardo olive oil is a top olive oil brand that produces high-quality, extra virgin olive oils as well as flavored oils. The company was started by the Leonardo family over 50 years ago and has grown to include both global and local operations. The company grows and processes their own olives and other ingredients on their sprawling acres in Italy’s Puglia region, and all of their products are USDA certified.
The brand’s olive oil is a non-GMO, gluten-free, kosher product. The company doesn’t use any chemicals or pesticides to make its products. It’s also made without any preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavors. The olives are cold pressed to ensure maximum nutritional benefit with no use of chemicals. The oils are available in different varieties, like extra virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, and pure olive oil.
Leonardo olive oil can be used in both cooking and frying, so there are plenty of different recipes you can try out. It can be used to prepare numerous types of meals including salads, pizzas, pasta dishes, and more. The product is sold in bottles that are short and stout with a recognizable yellow-green wax seal. This seal is such an important part of the brand that if it ever becomes damaged or broken, the product will no longer be available for purchase.
FIGARO olive oil is a company that produces quality olive oils from 100% Spanish olives. It offers a range of products from typical Extra Virgin Olive Oil to more complex flavor infusions like the black garlic, red pepper, wild oregano, and lemon pepper blends. FIGARO’s primary goal is to provide consumers with high-quality products at an affordable price.
Figaro olive oil is made with 100% Italian olives. It’s cold-pressed and bottled in the farm’s factory, ensuring the highest quality. Figaro olive oil is not only delicious, but it can be used to make a variety of dishes such as salad dressings and pasta sauces. FIGARO olive oils are considered the best because they have a pure taste without being too bitter or spicy.
The brand only produces a small amount of each kind of oil each day to make sure that the oil is as fresh as possible. Its olive oil is packed with antioxidants, Vitamin E, Omega-3, and Omega-6 fatty acids. This means it can help protect your heart, avoid cancer cells, keep your skin healthy, and fight against signs of aging. It’s also backed up with a 3-year shelf-life guarantee so you know that it won’t go bad before you’re done using it.
6. Rafael Salgado
Rafael Salgado olive oil is the best olive oil brand in the world. The family has been making olive oil since 1741 and they still use traditional methods to produce their oils which means that the final product is of the highest quality. The headquarters are in Madrid, Spain but they ship all over the world so you can enjoy their oils no matter where you live.
According to Rafael Salgado’s website, this olive oil is made up mostly of pure virgin Spanish olives. The company says that the olives are harvested at the perfect stage for their oil, which is just before they’re fully ripe. This minimizes bitterness and extends shelf life. This makes Rafael Salgado olive oil the perfect complement to a variety of dishes including salads, seafood, and pizza.
Rafael Salgado olive oil is a company that prides itself on producing high-quality, fair-trade olive oils for customers. They offer a variety of different tastes and flavors such as herb-infused, cold-pressed, extra virgin, and more. All of their products are produced with the utmost care and attention to detail, ensuring that each bottle is perfect and flavorful.
Bertolli is a brand of olive oil that comes in many different flavors, including Tuscan extra virgin, avocado, and garlic. The company started in 1924 when Pietro Bertolli established his first mill in Liguria, Italy. They are popular for their heritage recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. Their products are certified with organic certification for both quality and purity.
The olive oil produced by this brand is one of the world’s most-selling olive oil. It tastes delicious, and it has an impressive level of quality for the price. Bertolli olive oil is made with the finest Italian olives and blended with select oils to create flavors that will give you an amazing taste experience. They have various flavors, which include extra-virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, and Bertolli cooking oil.
Bertolli olive oil is sold in a variety of packaging sizes from small bottles to large containers with spouts. The company has been committed to its customers for three generations and they aim to continue this tradition by providing a high-quality product. The company has been in business for over 130 years and their award-winning products have been enjoyed by millions of people.
8. Del Monte
Del Monte is an American company that has been in business for over 100 years and sells a variety of grocery products, including olive oils. They are the only company to make their own olives. The company operates farms and plantations around the world. They use sustainable practices in their farming that treat the environment gently.
The olive oils are of very good quality, and they come in a variety of different flavors. Their product line includes extra virgin, virgin, light, and pure olive oils. Del Monte oil has a smooth flavor and is great for cooking with. It is an all-purpose olive oil that can be used in baking, frying, or even dressing salads. With so much variety, Del Monte has something for every palate.
Del Monte markets itself as an all-natural product that is cold-pressed and produced from ripe olives. What many customers like about the brand is how affordable it is, which means you can buy a larger quantity without breaking the bank. For the best quality, you should look for cold-pressed olive oils instead of ones that have been processed at high heat.
Abbie’s was founded in 1992 by three friends from Manhattan, New York. The company is named after the daughter of one of those friends, who loved to cook and was also a proponent of healthy cooking and eating. The company is committed to quality, sustainable farming, and fair-trade practices. They are also certified by the USDA organic certification program.
Abbie’s Olive Oil is made in California with olives that are picked at the perfect point of ripeness. It is 100% pure and it has a high smoke point which makes it perfect for frying. It is also available in different flavors including herb, gourmet, fruity, and infused. The brand produces high quality olive oil that has a low acidity level, which means that it is easier to digest.
The brand has created its own line of organic, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. They are made exclusively from olives grown on the family-owned, certified organic farm in California. It only uses the best varieties of olive trees, cultivates without pesticides or chemical fertilizers, and makes sure that it doesn’t heat its oils during production to maintain the healthiest properties possible.
Colavita has been a leader in the olive oil industry since 1925. They have a long history of providing high-quality olive oil and have been recognized as a part of the Wall Street Journal’s list of “10 Brands That Matter.” Their oils are made with premium quality fruit, harvested from the peak of ripeness, and their production techniques are both modern and traditional to maintain the integrity of each batch.
They currently produce two varieties of olive oil: Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Colavita Classic Pure Olive Oil. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from the finest olive oil in Italy using cutting-edge production and bottling methods and it’s used by many Italian restaurants and bakeries. Colavita Classic Pure Olive Oil is a blend that includes vegetable oils such as soybean oil and sunflower oil, but it still tastes great.
With a rich and delicious taste, Colavita olive oil is perfect for salads, cooking, and frying. It is a high-quality olive oil that is Italian in style. Colavita’s commitment to quality means that they always use traditional methods that have been passed down from generation to generation. This ensures a consistent flavor and quality, ensuring they produce a top-quality product every time.
Benefits Of best olive oil for cooking in India
- Prevents diabetes: Olive oil is able to regulate blood sugar not only by controlling the secretion of insulin by the pancreas but also by regulating the sensitivity of cells to the action of insulin itself. In this way olive oil assumes a fundamental importance in the prevention of diabetes.
- Fights hypertension: Numerous scientific studies show how olive oil can play a fundamental role not only in the prevention of hypertension, but also in the reduction of blood pressure in hypertensive patients. Phenolic compounds are thought to be responsible for this effect.
- Delays the onset of neurodegenerative diseases: Once again, it is the polyphenols contained in olive oil that determine its beneficial action on the brain. A diet based on the consumption of olive oil as a condiment contributes to lowering the risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Improves the lipid profile: Olive oil, thanks to its composition in fatty acids, is also able to improve the lipid structure by eliminating one of the important risk factors that characterize the metabolic syndrome.
- Helps against high cholesterol: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. Precisely by virtue of the composition in fatty acids, it is one of the most suitable condiments for those suffering from high cholesterol. In fact, olive oil helps keep LDL cholesterol levels (the bad one) under control, without negatively affecting the amount of HDL cholesterol (the good one).
- Beneficial effects on the intestine: Not only does olive oil have emollient and calming effects on the gastrointestinal tract thanks to the natural action of oleic acid, but the polyphenols it contains give it anti-inflammatory properties especially in the case of disorders such as irritable colon and colitis.
- Antioxidant (prevents aging): The role of olive oil in the modulation of the processes linked to cellular aging is known, due to the content of monounsaturated fatty acids and the various bioactive compounds, including polyphenols, which have an antioxidant action. In fact, it seems that these molecules can act directly on inflammatory reactions by selectively blocking some molecules involved in the inflammatory response, which is often responsible for cellular aging, the cause of many inflammatory and non-inflammatory diseases.
- Protects the immune system: Olive oil also has a protective role against the immune system and therefore in the prevention of many autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus erythematosus, as well as inflammatory diseases such as psoriasis, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- Helps the bones: The polyphenols contained in olive oil, such as ferulic acid, caffeic acid, coumaric acid, are able to stimulate the proliferation of osteoblasts, the cells that build the bone tissue matrix, thus counteracting the phenomena of osteoporosis and in general the phenomena of aging and bone degeneration.
How to choose the best olive oil brand in India?
1. Types of olive oil
Olive oil is a versatile cooking ingredient that can be used for sautéing, frying, and baking. There are many different types of olive oil that can be used for cooking based on their flavor profile. A few of the most common types of olive oil are extra-virgin, virgin, and pure.
- Extra-virgin olive oil: Extra-virgin olive oil is produced by cold-pressing or pressing olives when they are in their natural state. This type is typically less processed than other types because it doesn’t undergo any deodorizing or filtering. With this type of olive oil, you will need to cook at a lower heat and keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn. Extra virgin olive oil is more expensive than other types and should not be used for frying. The best extra virgin olive oil in India is Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Virgin olive oil: Virgin olive oil is also made with cold-pressed or pressed olives, but it may have been filtered to remove some color and aroma. Virgin refers to the fact that it has not been processed, and, as such, retains its taste and powerful oils. These virgin oils are considered higher quality because they have a richer flavor and contain more healthy compounds. This type of olive oil is ideal for cooking at high heat because it has a higher smoke point than other oils.
- Pure olive oil: Pure olive oil is simply olive oil that is made exclusively from olives. The important distinction, in relation to the quality of the oil, is that it does not contain flavorings or other substances. Pure olive oil can be used in multiple ways, but it is typically used for cooking when a robust flavor is desired. It can also be used for making salad dressing recipes when you need to infuse your vegetables with flavor.
2. Other factors to consider
- The origin: The origin of olive oil reflects its quality. Great olive oil should be grown, processed, and bottled in one country. We can cite for example Spain, Greece or Italy, countries renowned worldwide for the quality of their production. Please note, it is possible that a product is only bottled in the country where it claims to come from. So, remember to check this information on the product label.
- The aromas: The olive from which the best olive oil in India is extracted is a fruit. An excellent product must therefore give off a fruity and fresh aroma that reminds us of the olive. The producers add spicy aromas and herbs for a better effect in the mouth.
- The taste: The most effective way to know if an olive oil is good is to taste it. If you have the opportunity to do so, do not hesitate. Olive oils can have different tastes. So, you must taste it and judge the quality. It should be noted that according to professionals, an olive oil of excellent quality and fresh must have a bitter taste. The pungent taste is, on the other hand, a sign of the presence of holy phenolic compounds in the products of excellent quality.
- The expiry date: It is important to check the expiration date before purchasing an olive oil. Good quality olive oil is olive oil that has been processed in less than a year. At least if you do not know its harvest date, prefer a product with at least one year of its expiration date.
- The color: The color of olive oil can be misleading because it and does not necessarily indicate the quality of the product. Indeed, this color is generated by the type of fruit used and has no influence on the quality of the product.
- The container: The container is an important criterion to take into account, insofar as it conditions the quality and shelf life of olive oil. In a plastic bottle, olive oil can only be stored for 30 days. However, in a glass bottle, it can be stored for up to 12 months. And again, it is necessary that said glass bottle is dark, which further optimizes the shelf life.
- Acidity: The acidity of an oil represents the quantity of free fatty acids present in the oil. It follows that the lower the acidity, the higher the quality of the oil. Extra virgin olive oil, to be defined as such, must have an acidity lower than 0.8%. Virgin olive oil, on the other hand, has an acidity of less than or equal to 2%
Frequently Asked Questions About Olive Oil Brands
1. Which is the best brand of olive oil in India?
There are many brands of olive oil available in the market. However, one of the best selling olive oil brands in India is FIGARO. With the legacy of 100 years, Figaro is one of the oldest olive oil brands in Indian market. Figaro Olive Oil is an excellent all purpose edible oil loaded with goodness of pure olives. Figaro Pure Olive Oil is suitable for all types of cooking including Sauteing, Roasting, Shallow Frying, Deep Frying and Baking. Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil, on the other hand, is perfect for use in Dressings, Salads & Soups and Dips & Marinades.
2. How to use the best olive oil brands in India for cooking?
Olive oil is great for making all types of dishes, including salads, grilled meats, and sauces. The flavor of the oil can be altered by adding different ingredients at different stages in the cooking process. It can be used raw or boiled to 160 degrees Celsius for frying, sautéing, and deep-frying.
Olive oil has a low smoke point which makes it more suitable for low-temperature cooking. It is not good for high-temperature cooking because it will break down quickly at higher temperatures. If you’re using the oil to coat raw foods before cooking, use just one tablespoon of oil per pound of food because it will cook off in the oven.
3. Which brand is best for extra virgin olive oil in India?
Extra virgin olive oil is considered to be the highest quality and best tasting olive oil. It also has the most health benefits. You can find extra virgin olive oils at any grocery store, but some are better than others. If you are looking for an inexpensive option, Bertolli offers a great tasting extra virgin olive oil that can be purchased at your local grocery store. For a more expensive option, Colavita is one of the best brands around.
4. How many calories are in olive oil?
The number of calories in olive oil is relatively low. One tablespoon contains about 120-125 calories, depending on which type you choose. Some types like extra virgin olive oil are lower in calories because the refining process removes the fat content.
5. Is olive oil gluten-free?
Olive oil is a great source of monounsaturated fat, but, while some brands are gluten-free, others may contain a small amount of gluten. There’s a chance that a small amount of wheat flour was used in the processing of the olive oil, so one should be aware of the ingredients used when purchasing it.
6. Is olive oil good for health?
Olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fat. It’s been said that olive oil can help reduce breast cancer risk, increase immune function, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and even lower the risk of heart disease. In addition, there are many studies that have found that consuming extra virgin olive oil could reduce inflammation.
7. What is the healthiest olive oil brand?
There are many brands of olive oil, but the healthiest is usually determined by how it’s processed. This can be done in a lot of different ways, but the most common way is to use a cold-press system. Cold-pressed oils retain more nutrients because they don’t contain any chemicals or high heat.
There are many other brands that are good for you too, but the best olive oil will always be cold-pressed. One other popular way to judge the quality of an olive oil is by examining its acidity. Extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oils are more acidic than regular virgin oils, but some people prefer their taste.
8. What is the difference between extra virgin olive oil and refined olive oil?
Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is made from 100% olives. It also has a lighter taste with a lower acidity content. Refined olive oil is made from refined olives, usually chemically treated, processed, or blended with oils other than olive. It has a higher acidity content, but it’s often used for cooking because it’s cheaper and more stable.
Olive oil is a product with numerous properties, which is indispensable in any kitchen. It is used to prepare numerous recipes, to which it gives a special flavor. When choosing an olive oil, we must select the one that best suits the dish we will cook, in order to obtain the best result.
There are different types of olive oil on the market from the best olive oil brands, and not all of them have the same quality, nor the same health benefits. In this guide we have explained to you how to choose which product to buy, and also listed the top 10 olive oil brands in India along with their features.
Every product that is listed in this guide is guaranteed of quality. We have tried to combine the most premium along with the affordable one. Go through the different products in depth and then make your buying decision accordingly.